Federal and state employment laws impose legal obligations and their attendant risks on every employer and employee. We devote a substantial part of our practice to defending civil litigation, including discrimination, sexual harassment, wage and hour violations, wrongful discharge, defamation, breach of contract, intentional torts, emotional distress and other serious workplace issues in federal and state courts.
We are well-equipped to assist you with:
- Litigating in state and federal courts, including defamation claims, whistleblower claims, employee privacy issues, and wage and hour matters.
- Handling administrative charges before state and federal agencies.
- Protecting confidential and proprietary information, trade secrets and business relationships from misuse or interference.
- Assisting clients in civil and criminal litigation arising from fraud, theft and other related misconduct.
- Conducting independent investigations of allegations of inappropriate employee behavior running the gamut of workplace issues including discrimination, harassment, retaliation and unlawful business practices.
Our Firm has the expertise to assess risk and evaluate settlement early in litigation. We possess the ability to dispose of cases efficiently before filing suit, before trial, during trial and following a court or jury verdict, with our primary goal being serving the client’s best interests and resolving disputes.
Joel Glaser APC is also experienced in providing advice and counseling that minimizes the risk of litigation. While the Firm frequently advises clients on preventive and cost-effective alternatives, civil litigation is an unavoidable reality and prosecuting and defending employment litigation is a significant part of our practice.