Defense of Wrongful Termination and Wage and Hour Disputes
Joel Glaser APC strives to protect the best interests of employers accused of wrongful termination by their employees. Southern California wrongful termination defense lawyer Joel Glaser has more than 20 years of proven experience battling to defend the rights of employers throughout the state. He has a reputation for integrity and effective advocacy in all employment law matters.
If you have a question regarding a wrongful termination lawsuit filed against you, your company or an employee of your business, do not hesitate to consult with an experienced California employment law defense attorney.
Los Angeles County Employer Defense Lawyer
In California, employment is at-will. This means an employee may be fired for any reason. Obviously, there are exceptions to every rule. If you have difficult wrongful termination issues to face, you can rely on the dedication and proven track record of a law firm that is respected throughout Southern California. The Southern California wrongful termination defense attorneys at Joel Glaser APC will fight on your behalf to protect your company’s operations and reputation.
Guidance Through All Types of Wrongful Termination Defenses
With more than 20 years of employment law experience, Joel Glaser has gained the respect of attorneys and employers throughout Southern California. He can help you resolve all types of employment and discrimination matters, including those involving:
- Sexual/gender discrimination and harassment defense
- Disability discrimination defense
- Family, pregnancy and medical leave defense
- Religious discrimination defense
- Age discrimination defense
- Racial and national origin discrimination defense
- Wrongful termination in violation of public policy defense
- Whistleblower retaliation defense
- ADA compliance
- Employer liability prevention
Defending employer rights is critical to the ongoing operations of any company. At Joel Glaser APC, our employment discrimination defense attorneys know what steps to take in order to build a solid case for you and your business.
Wage and Hour Disputes
Joel Glaser APC is recognized for helping employers avoid wage and hour litigation, government investigations and enforcement actions, and for defending them whenever litigation arises. Our wage and hour attorneys represent employers nationwide in nearly every industry.
The costs associated with wage and hour lawsuits can be daunting to an employer. Our deep experience in aggressively contesting wage and hour claims is critical to developing our strategies for minimizing damage and disruption for our clients. Our track record of success in handling wage and hour actions is increasingly important given the volume and complexity of cases filed, the ever changing theories of liability presented by plaintiffs’ counsel, and the constantly evolving case law that often varies greatly among the courts.
What differentiates Joel Glaser APC from other firms is that we offer more than just legal advice. We are dedicated to understanding our clients’ businesses and committed to delivering value. Our client service model incorporates innovative technology and the core principals of the project management discipline to our representations. This increases efficiency, creates better value for the fees paid, and allows us to work toward outcomes that match the business objectives of our clients, including increased transparency in all aspects of a matter.
Our attorneys defend our clients against all types of wage and hour lawsuits, ranging from individual claims to large national class and collective actions, potentially containing hundreds of thousands of members. In the last several years, we have defended numerous complex wage and hour cases in both federal and state court up to and through trial and appeal. Through our defense strategies and analytical acumen, we have established important legal precedents for the benefit of employers across California. Our wage and hour representations include the full spectrum of claims under federal and state laws, including allegations of:
- Misclassification of employees as exempt under the “white collar” administrative, executive, and professional (learned and creative) exemptions
- Misclassification of workers as independent contractors
- Failure to pay otherwise exempt employees on a salary basis
- Failure to pay for alleged pre- and post-shift “off-the-clock” activities for non-exempt employees
- Unpaid on-duty meal and rest breaks
- Improper calculation of the regular rate of pay
- Improper payroll practices, including rounding policies that result in underpayment of wages
- Failure to pay minimum wage
- Failure to pay overtime to employees who qualify for exemptions under California or federal laws
- Failure to pay overtime to sales people who are exempt under the Inside or Outside Sales Exemptions
- Improper tip and “service charge” practices
- Violation of the California Private Attorney General Act
- Other pay practice irregularities under state statutory and common laws
Contact an Employment Defense Lawyer in Southern California
Contact the wrongful discharge defense attorneys at Joel Glaser APC to begin protecting your rights as an employer today.